Saturday, August 28, 2010

Amber's Prom Scrapbook layout, first page - My Digital Studio

This is the first page of a two page layout I did for my granddaughters prom photos using the Stampin' Up! My Digital Studio Program. This program is so fun and easy to use, for more information on the program click here. There even is a short video you can watch.

To make this page, I started with Melon Mambo cardstock. I added the flourish from the Baroque Motif stamp set, I enlarged, changed to Pink Passion and set the opacity at 50% (to soften the swirls). Then I simply had to copy and paste five additonal flourishes on the page. (Note: change size, color and opacity before you copy, so you only have to do it once). I then brought in my focal picture and gave it a black mat. On  top of the mat I added a stamp from the Frames with a Flourish. After I resized it I copy, pasted, fliped and put the second stamp at the bottom of the picture. (One of the really cool things about My Digital Studio is the fact that you can resize the stamps, making them bigger or smaller, to fit the project you are working on. Is that not just too awesome?). I then pull in the square frame stamp, from the same stamp set. I enlarged it slightly and copied and pasted to get my second frame. To get my picture the exact size to fit in the frame, I simply added a photo box, made it fit in the frame, then all I had to do is drag and double click to put my picture in the photo box. Once that is done, you can click on the photo and move the photo box around the picture to get the part of the picture you want. I repeated the same steps for the second photo.  The last step was the title. You can use the alphabet stamps in My Digital Studio or your computer fonts. I chose to use the computer font French Script, made it bold and sized it to 144. The date on the second page is also bold and sized to 72.

That is it, quick and easy. I love that in the My Digital Studio program, I can change the paper, stamps, ribbon, or whatever ever I want, with just a click of the mouse, and I haven't wasted any supplies. How cool is that? Once your page is completed, you can print it yourself, take it to be printed, or you can have it printed throught Stampin' Up! If you use our printed the color is guaranteed. So, you can make the page Hybrid, and know that your embellishements will match perfectly every time!!!

Get your copy of My Digital Studio today, and get scrappin'

No comments: