Sunday, July 21, 2024

Filled with Love, Doggone Friendly, So Sincere

When I saw Katrina Chins card with the dogs in a wagon I knew I had to recreate that card. Here is what I came up with. I really love the way it turned out.

My wagon didn’t stamp perfectly but I really like the way it looked, gave me more of an old wagon look. I’ve also noticed how everyone seems to add the wood slats right on top of the wagon like I did in my wagonful of presents card, but I wanted the slats to sit on top of the wagon.

I knew I wanted the dogs in the wagon, and to water wash the blue sky and add clouds Once I got it made I though where am I going to put a sentiment. Looking through my sentiment stamp sets I found this vertical Happy Birthday in the So Sincere stamp set and it was perfect. 


 

Supplies:

Stamps: Filled with Fun, Dogone Friendly & So Sincere

Ink: Mometo Black, Balmy Blue, Real Red & Smokey Slate

Stampin Blends: light and dark of Copper Clay, Wild Wheat, Bubble Bath, Real Red, Basic Black, light Pebbled Path & Pecan Pie, dark Azure Afternoon, Highland Heather and the Color Lifter.

Paper: Basic White, Real Red and Pecan Pie

Accessories: Stamp Cut and Emboss machine, Filled with Fun & Adventurous Sky dies, Basic Gray & Smokey Slate Pearls, Stampin’ dimensionals, Water Painter, Acyrlic block, Simply Shammy, Tombo Multi purpose liquid glue, Silicone craft sheet, Paper trimmer, Simply Scored, Paper snips

Cutting dimensions:

Real Red card stock: card base 5 1/2 “ x 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”

Basic White card stock: cut two at 4” x 5 ¼”, 3 ¼” x 3” (dogs) and scraps for clouds, wagon, handle, wheels and sentiment strip.

Pecan Pie: scrap for wagon panels.

Instructions:

Assembly instructions

1. Add Balmy Blue ink to an acrylic block, using the Aqua painter add 2-3 drops of water on ink and blend. In a swiping back and forth motion water color the front of the card front panel leaving ½” – ¾” at the bottom. Try not to use to much water unless you use watercolor paper instead. Repeat process with Smokey Slate ink at the bottom. Set aside to dry

2. Ink the bottom right hand side of the Doggone Friendly stamp set making sure to get the boxers ears and the dog with the frisbee. With stamp face up on your table place Basic White cardstock on the stamp making sure again to fit all five dogs shown. Set a piece of scrap paper on top and making sure to hold cardstock in place rub the cardstock with your fingers. Remove by picking straight up, not allowing card stock to slide. (I will post a video of the process). Since I put my wood slats above not on the wagon I had to draw lines down to the bottom of my card on the dogs body and the frisbee. Don’t forget to color in the sky that shows between two of the dogs (see sample) Use Stampin’ blends to color the dogs.

3. Stamp two clouds with Smokey Slate on a scrap of white card stock. Also stamp clouds on inside panel close to the top and add inside sentiment just below the clouds. Stamp Wagon in Real Red, and two wheels and wagon handle in Momento Black on scrap white paper. Stamp sentiment in Momento Black on a white scrap and dovetail ends. Die cut wagon, wheels,  handle and the two clouds for card front. Die cut wood panels for wagon out of scrap of Pecan Pie. Color rim on wheels with dark Real Red Stampin’ Blend. Fussy cut out dogs. Note: I cut between the Chihuahua and Boxers ears to remove section so sky shows through. I did not do that between the yellow dog and the dog on the right.

4. Add a small bead of Tombo glue to top of wagon and add wood slats. Add glue to both wood slats and attach the dogs. Add small amount of glue to bottom of wagon to attach the wheels. Add pearls to wagon wheels. Using Stampin’ Dimensionals pop wagon and dogs and add to the card front leaving room for the handle. Glue down the handle, small cloud and sentiment. Pop up large cloud.

Admire your finished creation.

No comments: