Monday, June 10, 2024

In the Grove card

 

This stamp set was one of my top five as soon as I saw the new catalog. I really love the way this card turned out. I did a short video of how I colored the fox and have written instructions for the rest of the card. I haven’t made a video in over two years because the internet got really bad out in my studio. My husband recently went to our internet provider was upgraded our service and I was able to make this short video out there. So I will start doing full videos of my cards in the future. I will also do the written instructions because some of you like videos and some of your like written instructions.

 


Supplies:

Stamps: In the Grove and Nested Friends

Ink: Misty Moonlight

Stampin’ Write Markers: Pecan Pie, Smokey Slate and Basic Black

Paper: Old Olive, Misty Moonligjht, Pecan pie (scrap) and Vanilla card stock. Thoughtful Journey 6x6 Designer Series Paper

Accessories: Stamp Cut and Emboss machine, In the Grove and Delicate Forest die sets. Paper trimmer, Simply Scored, Tombo Multi liquid glue, Silicone craft sheet, Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals

 

Cutting instructions:

Old Olive card: 5 ½” x 8 1/2” scored at 4 ¼”

Misty Moonlight mat: 4” x 5 ¼ - cut two

Thoughtful Journey designer series paper: 3 ¾” x 5 1/2” cut off to 3 ¾ x 5” leaves you with a ½” piece for the inside.

Vanilla 3 ¾” x 5” inside -cut two, one for inside and one to die cut the birch trees die. Scrap Vanilla for sentiment and fox

Pecan Pie scrap to die cut bunny for inside

 

Assembly:

Die cut birch tree die from the In the Grove die set using Vanilla panel. Stamp sentiment (from Nested friends stamp set) on scrap using Misty Moonlight ink. I die cut using a die from the Delicate Forest dies. if you don’t own those dies go through your stamps and dies to find the sentiment you want and a die to fit that sentiment.

Stamp fox on a scrap of Vanilla using Pecan Pie, Smokey Slate and Basic Black Stampin’ Write markers. I colored direct to rubber (coloring my markers directly on the stamp then stamping). I love that you can do that with our Stampin’ Write markers and because of that alone, I believe they are a must have. I made a short video showing you how I did the coloring. Die cut fox using the die from In the Grove dies.

Until I can figure out how to get the video to load here you can view it on my Facebook group page here is the link:  https://www.facebook.com/519523140/videos/pcb.989131922360667/1830593787451307

Attach Misty Moonlight mat to Old Olive card using Tombo liquid glue or Stampin’ Seal. Attach designer paper on top of Misty Moonligh card stock then add Vanilla birch tree die. I also use Tombo glue for that by placing it on my Silicone craft sheet. The glue wipes right off and you don’t mess up your stamping surface. Attach sentiment strip. Add fox using Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals.

Inside: Attach Misty Moonlight panel then Vanilla panel on top of that. Add ½” designer strip of paper. I did the left side because I like the bunny better on that side, but you can add it to either side. Glue bunny and you are finished!!!

No comments: