Wednesday, September 25, 2024

September 2024 Autumn Abundance paper pumpkin - alternative cards - set 3


 The card base from the kit is on the bottom left of the photo. The piece on the right is what I had left over to make another card, making it 19 cards from this kit. Between the two cards at the top of the photo is the coordinating envelope that comes in the kit. 

I started by cutting 2 3/4" off the left side of the card, That gave ne the panel shown on the bottom right side of the photo to use at a later date. Then I cut 2 3/4" off the right side of the remaining panel for the second card. That left me the middle piece that is pre scored. I cut right down the score line to make two panels approximately 1 3/4" I trimmed those panels down to 5 1/4" I cut a card base (8 1/2" x 5 1/2" scored at 4 1/4") from Cajun Craze and glued my two panels on the card front making sure I had them so the design lines up correctly. Before the glue sets take the blue leaf die cut from the kit. I trimmed off one leaf, then tucked the stem of the two leaves slightly behind the panel on the left side. The leaf I cut off I added in the center of the two tucking the stem slightly into the other leaves. I stamped the sentiment in Cajun Craze (ink spot provided in kit) keeping the design a little to the right side on the die cut circle provided in the kit. I then took the  Wild Wheat die cut leaves and glued two to the sentiment circle. Using the dimensionals in the kit I popped up the sentiment adding glue to the bottom leaf and tucking the end of the stem into the left side panel. I added three sequins from the Neutral adhesive backed sequins just for fun and a pop of sparkle. 

The second card (the one on the top right of the card) I got the idea of adding the die cut add on leaf in white on white on the two sides of the cards from Robin at Robins Creations. So I started with a white card base of 81/2" x 5 1/2" scored at 4 1/4". I added two strips 5 1/2" x 1/2" to each side of the leaf card panel, leaving 1/4" exposed and 1/4" glued behind panel. I die cut 4 leaves (instead of 8) out of a scrap of white card stock. Using a pencil I make a light mark at the top and bottom of the card on each side to show me the portion of white that will be exposed. I added each leaf cutting off the portion that would be hidden and added that cut off part below the first leaf. I was able to cover each side with only two leaves by doing it that way. You decide if you want it easier the n cut 8 leaves or be a paper miser like me, lol. I stamped the sentiment from the stamp set provided in the kit an a white scrap using Cajun Craze ink (provided in kit) and die cut using a die from the Delicate Forest stamp set. I popped up the sentiment with the dimensionals included in the kit and added three embellishments from the Faux glass dots collection. 

The card on the left has a white panel 4"  x 5 1/4". I added the Wild Wheat leaf provided in the kit and die cut from a Cajun Craze scrap using the add on die. 

For the card on the right I added a Cajun Craze 4" x 5 1/4" mat then a white panel 3 3/4" x 5". I then added two leaves I die cut using the die cut add on. 

No comments: