Sunday, August 12, 2012

Gently Falling with En Francais
This is the second card for this months stamp camp. I don't know why the scan is so blurry.

I cased Tami C's card (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2229918?&si=cqs swap 1). but made the following changes. I used the new Woodgrain embossing folder.  I didn't have a Rich Razzleberry button, I used the small Vintage Faceted button and punched a 1/2" circle of Rich Razzleberry card stock. I attached the paper on the back of the button using Crystal Effects. I also used the bakers twine instead of the Linen Thread. Thank you Tami for the wonderful card.

This card uses the the Core'dinations card stock available in the Holiday catalog.

The Core'dinations paper was embossed using the new Woodgrain Textured Impressions embossing folder, also available in the Holiday catalog. After embossing, I lightly sanded the paper, leaving the wonderful panel used on this card.

I love the leaf with the script showing in the leaf. This effect is created by Stamping the Scrip in Early Espresso, then Stamp the leaf with the VersaMark ink pad and embossed with clear embossing powder. When cool, using a sponge dauber, ink over the leaf, darker close to the leaf and getting lighter as you get near the edges. When inking is complete, use a napkin or paper towel and wipe the ink off of the leaf.

To crinkle the ribbon, on the edge, pull a tread gently out of the center on both ends. the part under the leaf panel does not need to be crinkled, so you only crinkle a small portion on each side.

I didn't have a cherry cobbler button, so I created on using a 1/2" circle punch and a small Vintage Faceted button. I attached the paper on the back of the button using Crystal Effects.

All supplies Stampin' Up!
Stamps: Gently Falling, En Francais background stamp
Ink: Early Espresso, Crumb Cake classic ink, VersaMark
Paper: Rose Red, Early Espresso and Very Vanilla card stock. Early Espresso Core'dinations card stock (Holiday catalog)
Accessories: Big Shot Die cutting machine, Woodgrain Textured Impressions embossing folder (Holiday catalog), Rose Red Seam binding ribbon, Crystal Effects, 1/2" circle punch, Early Espresso Bakers Twine, Designer Sanding Block, Sponge dauber

Thanks for visiting. Happy Stampin'

No comments: