Sunday, July 12, 2009

Faux Wood Frame tutorial with Owl Together Now


Create a faux wood look by rubbing ink over your cardstock.
Supplies: All Stampin' Up!
Paper: Very Vanilla cardstock
Ink: Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip classic ink pads and White Craft pad, Chocolate Chip marker
Accessories: Sizzix Big Shot, Sizzix Texture Plates kit #4, Texturz Impression pad, Texturz Silicone Rubber, Ruler, Stampin' sponges, Paper Cutter
Step by Step directions:
1. Apply Creamy Caramel ink starting at the top of Very Vanilla cardstock. Touch the edge of your ink pad to your pager and drag down in one direction. Cover all of the cardstock to create grain.
2. Repeat with Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, and finally Whisper White craft ink
3. I usually put my shims on Tab One of the Multipurpose Platform and then add the Texture plate with inked cardstock face down, then I add the Silicone Rubber pad, and then the Texturz Impression pad. Feed this sandwich throught the Big Shot, and you get a beautiful, dimensional texture on top of all your woodgrain.
4. Using your Paper cutter, cut out the center leaving a 1/2" frame. My square was 2 1/2" x 2 1/2" so I place my paper on the cutter at the 2" line. Then using the measurements on the Acrylic blade guide, I cut from 1/2" to 2". I then rotate the paper 1/4 turn and repeat until I have completed all four side. (Note: The black cutting blade has notches on the side so you can place it at 1/2" and know that that is exactly where your cut is going to start.)
5. Using your Stampin' Sponges (I cut my in half, then in thirds, so I get 6 sponges from each sponge.) sponge Chocolate Chip ink over the embossed impression to emphasise. You are now ready to add your frame to your card.
Card supplies : Stamps: Owl Together Now. Paper: Very Vanilla and Chocolate Chip cardstock, Flock Together Now Designer Series Paper. Ink: Garden Green Classic ink pad and Chocolate Chip craft. Accessories: Stampin' Dimensionals, 1/4" Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon, Snail Adhesive, Clear embossing powder, Heat gun, Watercolor pencils, aquapainter, crystal effects plus supplies listed above for frame.
This project was inspired by Kim Deasdale and her tutorial at Splitcoast stampers
Thanks for looking

No comments: