Sunday, July 12, 2009

How to make small card not slide in a larger envelope


This is the envelope for the Owl Together Now Faux Wood Frame card I just posted. This card is 4x4 yet I used a regular card envelope. Here is how I kept my card from sliding in the envelope. Using a 1" circle punch, punch through both the front and back of your envelope, approximately 1/8" from edge. Cut a piece of cardstock vellum 4" x 1 1/8" Place in envelope and either stamp image or with a pencil make marks for placement of image. Color as desired, I used Stampin' Up! watercolor pencils. Run adhesive on vellum below and above the owl, making sure not to get in the window area or at the very top. Place on sticker release paper. (I used the paper left after I pulled off my stickers and placed on my stamps) Place on release paper and put adhesive on back side also. Open envelope and place all the way down and as close to the side as possible, being careful not to let it stick until you have the correct palcement. Once you have placed properly rub on the front and back of envelope to make sure it is adheared properly. Now when you put in your card it will not slide because the portion of the envelope bigger than the card is glued closed with the vellum, and you get a nice addition to the outside of the envelope, that can be seen from both the front and the back. I am sorry that I cannot remember who I saw this idea from to give credit.

No comments: