Sunday, February 16, 2014

Happy Watercolor, Off the Grid



















I love stamp sets that have stamps that add interesting background stamps. Happy Watercolor not only has cool dots, splotches, but beautiful flowers. I want to do this card again using the Monster Maniacs instead of the flower, I think this background will go great with that set. I have it coming in soon, so watch for that post. I also learned that to get a really good two tone on the splotch the new ink pads work better. The grid and dots are stamped off first, so give a softer image. I stamped the flower in Gumball Green and Midnight Muse using the ink pads, stamping the flower twice. I gave the outside flower time to dry before I water colored it in using the Aqua painter. I ruffled the ribbon and attached it to sticky strip, then added Stampin' Dimensionals, double layered on the other side. On the inside of the card I chose not to stamp off with the grid stamp.

All supplies Stampin' Up!
Stamps: Happy Watercolor, Off the Grid
Ink: Gumball Green, Summer Starfruit, Midnight Muse
Paper: Midnight Muse, Gumball Green, Very Vanilla and Watercolor paper
Accessories: Big Shot die cutting machine, Magnetic Platform, Deco Labels Collection Framelits dies. Summer Starfruit 3/8" stitched satin ribbon, Aqua Painter, Stampin' Dimensionals


No comments: