Saturday, June 7, 2014

Wetlands and background using the Simply Scored diagonal plate

Another Wetlands card. Once I started using that stamp set I could not stop. I have always loved the little Sandpipers at the beach. They are so entertaining to watch as the run towards the ocean as the waves go out and back towards the beach as the waves come in.

I have been playing around a lot with my Blender Pen and the Aqua Painter. I tend to prefer the Aqua Painter, but learned the Blender pen works much better on the birds body and coloring the center panel. I tried the Blender pen on the water, and the Aqua Painter wins hands down there.

Using the Simply Scored with the measurements on both the top and side, made scoring this card using the Diagonal plate super easy. A great tip is to rub your card stock with wax paper first. It makes the scoring much easier. I will be making some more scored cards, so check back. If you subscribe or follow my blog it is easier to know when I have a new post. Now, get out your Simply Scored and Diagonal plate and start having fun. I you do not have one, simply click the Shop Now button and you can have one sent right to your doorstop from by Stampin' Up! website. Thanks for stopping by. Happy Stampin'

All Supplies Stampin' Up!
Stamps:  Wetlands and Remembering your Birthday
Ink: Momento Black, Island Indigo, Crushed Curry, Pear Pazzazz and Soft Suede
Paper: Island Indigo and Whisper White
Accessories: 1" square punch, Simply Scored board, and Diagonal Plate, Blender Pen, Aqua Painter

No comments: