Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I {Heart} Hearts friend or Valentines Day card

This is one of the cards we will be making at my next stamp camps on January 28th and January 30th. You cannot tell in the picture, but this card has a wonderful shimmer to it. I put a few drops of Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint in a Spritzer bottle (and old Stampin' Mist bottle works great) and added alcohol, shake and spritz. Now my embossed panel has Shimmmer!. I  put a drop of Frost White Shimmer paint and a drop of Rich Razzleberry classic reinker onto an paint pallette, mixed using a spong dauber, then using the dauber, I inked my heart stamp. That gives my heart a really nice shimmer also. Oh, how I love my Shimmer Paint!!!  On the inside of the card, I inked my heart in Rich Razzleberry, then stamped off twice, before stamping in my card, to give me a faint heart, that I could add my sentiment to. I also sponged my Scallop Border. The Scallop Border punch has become my favorite punch. I love using it with and without the Scallop Corner punch
Inside
All supplies Stampin' Up! (unless noted)
Stamp Sets: I {Heart} Hearts, With all my Heart, Three Little Words
Paper: Rich Razzleberry and Very Vanilla cardstock
Ink: Rich Razzleberry
Accessories:  Razzleberr Polka Dot gorosgrain ribbon, Rich Razzleberry reinker, Frost White shimmer paint, Sponge dauber, Scallop Border punch, Finial Press embossing folder, Big Shot die cutting machine, Champagne Mist shimmer paint, empty Stampin' Mist bottle, paint palette or styrofoam plate, non su, and alcohol - non SU
If you are not in the need for a Valentine or Love card, you can take this same card and just by changing the sentiment make a wonderful birthday card for a friend. Denise made this card the same as I did my above, but replaced the 3 Little words stamp sets, with Well Scripted. She used the friend stamp from the With All My Heart stamp set. You could also replace the heart with one of the images from With All My Heart and have a great card.
inside

I want to Thank Jaycene Morgan for the inspiration for this card. Here is the swap card I received from here while we were at Leadership training.
Jaycene used Soft Suede cardstock and ribbon and a sentiment from the Baroque Motifs stamp set. She also used the Pinking Hearts border punch. I love her card, it is so elegant. I added the shimmer paint to my card, which she did not use. This card looks great both ways, don't you agree?

No comments: