Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Paper Lace card using Pinking Hearts Border Punch

I don't know if this technique is out there in cyber-land. I know I have not seen it. My friend Denise and I came up with it. We used a 1 1/2" x 5 1/4"  piece of card stock and punched all the way down both sides using the Pinking Hearts Border punch. This left an open area just big enough for the new Pretty in Pink 5/8" Satin Ribbon. If I have time tomorrow I am going to make this card again this time stamping the French Filigree stamp in Pretty in Pink instead of the Rose Red. That will give a more subtle design. I like this card, but am not sure if I would like it better with a softer background. We will be making this card at my next stamp camp, and actually I am giving the choice of this filigree background or the embossed hearts background on the second card. This is a fun technique, where you make your own embossing template. What do you think? Can you imagine how many different embossed backgrounds you can make using any punch or die you already own??? The awesome sentiment is in one of our Sale-A-Bration stamp sets you can earn for free, (offer available only through March 31, 2010) contact me for more information or visit my Stampin' Up! web site for more information at http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/janetloves2stamp/promotions


Here is the inside of the card. Using the solid heart stamp from the I {Heart} Hearts stamp set inked with Pretty In Pink, I used the kissing technique applied the French Filagree background stamp (inked in Rose Red) to the inked solid heart stamp, transfering the design from the French Filigree to the heart. The heart was then stamped on Whisper White and sponged using Rose Red ink. I thought it would be fun to bring a little taste of the front of the card to the inside. Looking back I wish I had put the hearts in the center and stamped the Love you in the lower of the two hearts. (maybe I'll try that tomorrow). I hope you enjoyed my creation.
All Supplies Stampin' Up!
Stamp Sets: French Filigree background, Whimsical Words and Short and Sweet
Ink: Pretty in Pink, Rose Red and Chocolate Chip
Paper, Pretty in Pink, Rose Red and Whisper White
Accessories: Pinking Hearts Border Punch, Pretty in Pink 5/8" Satin Ribbon, Full Heart punch, Stampin' Sponges, Stampin' Dimensionals

Thanks for looking and happy stampin'

No comments: