Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Whale swinging card

Love that the whale on this card swings back and forth. Here is the video I cased this card from: https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/swingingtentcard/?utm_medium=Email&utm_source=ExactTarget&utm_campaign=.

I made the following changes: 1. I did not make it a tent card. 2. I turned the brad because I did not like the back showing. 3. I used the Whale of a Time designer series paper, putting the cut out portion on the inside. 4. I changed the sentiment. I left off the ribbon and embellishments. I used a turtle from the designer paper instead of stamping it. 5. I used Pretty Peacock as my card base. Pretty Peacock is not used in the paper but I feel is coordinate beautifully. I also stamped my whale in Pretty Peacock. 

All supplies used are current Stampin' Up! except for the mini brad and 1/8" hole punch, both are retired products. 


Products used:    Available in my on line store (except brad and 1/8" hole punch)                       

Stamps: Whale Done

Ink: Pretty Peacock

Paper: Pretty Peacock and Whisper White cardstock, Whale of a Time designer series paper and Window sheets. 

Accessories: Whale Builder punch (available in a bundle with the Whale Done stamp set), Stamp, Cut and Embossing machine, Magnetic cutting plate, Layering Ovals dies, Paper Trimmer, Snips, Tombo Multi Liquid glue, Stampin' Seal+, Simply Scored scoring tool, Acrylic Block, Banners Pick a punch. 

Note: Glue designer paper to card front adding glue just around the outside edges and die cut out oval. You do not want the cardstock glued to the inside oval as it will be to bulky. Close card front for correct placement of the inside oval. 

No comments: