Sunday, April 28, 2024

Cheerful Daisies, Spotlight on Nature dies and Unbounded Beauty designer series paper

 

Recently I made a card and embossed in Gold, then I did another embossed in silver, so I wanted to make one with white embossing powder. I saw a beautiful card done by Kathleen Bree with the daisies embossed in white with this beautiful pink designer paper. I changed the die set and sentiment used and left off the ribbon. I stamped my daisies on white cardstock instead of vellum since our vellum is retired and out of stock. I watercolored my flowers instead of using the Stampin' Blends.  I also added an Melon Mambo card base and the pearlized effects. I also opted to do a regular card instead of the book binding fold. I hope you like my version.


I first stamped the daisy on the Pretty in Pink card stock, but then decided I wanted a softer look so I stamped on white and watercolored them. I will post a card tomorrow using the daisy stamped on the Pretty in Pink. I didn’t realize how much I would love the Spotlight on Nature  die set until I used it on this card. You get a set of 12 dies, three nesting sets each set with a different edge. I used one set with Basic White cardstock and a different set (center circle) with the second set. I chose to repeat the first circle on the third instead of using the third pattern, but that would be fun to do also.

Products:

Stamps: Cheerful daisies

Ink: Melon Mambo, White craft or VersaMark

Paper: Melon Mambo, Pretty in Pink and Basic White cardstock. Unbounded Beauty designer series paper (available May 1, 2024)

Accessories: Stamp Cut and Emboss machine, Cheerful Daisies and Spotlight on Nature dies, White embossing powder and heat took, Pearlized enamel effects basics, Water Painter, mini Stampin’ Dimensionals, Tombo liquid glue or Stampin Seal, Paper Trimmer, Paper snips

 

Instructions:

1.    Cut a card base of Melon Mambo 5 ½” x 8 ½”, score at 4 ¼”. Attach to card base a 4 ¼” x 5” piece of designer series paper using Tombo glue or Stampin’ Seal.

2.    Die cut three circles using the Spotlight on Nature dies. (Note: I cut the smaller white inside the larger one, both at the same time, saving time and paper.

3.    Stamp sentiment from the Cheerful Daisies stamps set using Melon Mambo on smallest of die cut circles. Attach all three circles together and add to card base offsetting to the right and up a little from the bottom. Stamp large and three small daisies on scrap of white cardstock using either Craft White or VersaMark ink. Heat emboss with White embossing powder and a heat tool.

4.    Squeeze lid on Melon Mambo ink pad to get ink on inside lid (or add one drop of re-inker to an acrylic block). Squeeze one drop of water from Water Painter to ink. Water color all three daisies.  

5.    Die cut using the Cheerful Daisies dies. Die cut 3 sets of leaves on a scrap of white (I cut one off and only used five leaves)

6.    Using Stampin’ Dimensionals pop up three daisies. Glue white leaves tucking under the daisies slightly.

7.    Add Pearlized enamel effects to centers of flowers and set aside to dry.

8.    Cut 4”x 5 ¼” white for inside of card. Add third small daisy and remaining leaf using Tombo liquid glue. Add sentiment if desired

No comments: