Thursday, February 24, 2011

Inspired Dryer Sheet Technique
One of my clubs wanted to do the dryer sheet technique, so this is what I came up with. When I thought about a muted look over a stamp Inspired by Nature (one of my all time favs) immediately came to mind. This picture doesn't show off the glitter, I really wish you could see that. I think this card will eventually make it into a stamp camp (maybe for Mother's day).

You will want to used a dryer sheet that has been used several times, you need it to be soft, not stiff. You can attach the dryer sheet with your Zyron, I tried that and spray adhesive and preferred the spray, (except for the order, you want to do this outside, or have a window open). I thought the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder added a nice touch to the finished card. I felt adding a sentiment, ribbon or other embellishment wasn't needed. Below is the list of supplies used for this project. I hope you enjoyed, Happy Stampin'

All supplies Stampin' Up! unless noted

Stamps:  Inspired by nature
Ink: Bashful Blue, Marina Mist and Wild Wasabi classic ink pads
Stampin' Write Markers: Wild Wasabi, Garden Green, Soft Suede, Early Espresso, Cherry Cobbler and Riding Hood Red
Paper: Cherry Cobbler and Whisper White
Accessories: Big Shot, Vintage Wallpaper Textured Impressions embossing folder, Dazzling Diamonds glitter, Powder Pal, Stampin' Sponges, Sticky Strip
Non-Stampin' up supplies: Spray adhesive and used dryer sheet
Techniques: Dryer sheet, sponging, DTR- direct to rubber, masking

No comments: