Thursday, July 15, 2010

Box #2, Tool Box,  Convention 2010 3D swap
When I saw the cute little tool box I knew I had to make them for a 3d swap. They are soooo cute. I had the Box #2, so I die cut them and stamped with the Woodgrain stamp both front and back. My friend Donna has the Totally Tool set, so I asked her to stamp the hammer and "he who has the most tools wins" on a 1" x 3" piece of card stock. She stamped 25 hammers, colored them and cut them out, then.... she told me the saying I wanted was on the screwdriver stamp. I told her to go ahead with the screwdriver, so that is what is on my swaps. I told her I would take the 25 hammers and glue them on the tool box, and that I thought that would be really cool. So I made my 25 tool boxes and today went to Donna's to pick up the front panels. She told me she had a surprise for me. She stamped 25 saws, 25 wrenches and 25 measuring tapes, colored all of them and cut them all out. (with the hammers that is a total of, yes you guessed it, 100 tools, Donna stamp, colored and cut out! Even though having the 4 tools sticking out of the top looks awesome, I would not recommend that step if you are making 25 of them!!! Anyway, thank you Donna, I love them, and the extra tools really made the tool box way, way, way cuter.

If you would like to see the tutorial for the tool box, it is here. She has a pattern you can buy, but I just used the Big Shot and the Bigz XL Box #2. I simply cut the lid and flaps off one, and only the flaps on the second, glue them together on the lid side, with the lid standing straight up. I then used my oval punch to punch out the handle. By stamping the whole box, even the inside of the tool box has the woodgrain. After all if it is wood on the outside, I bet it is wood on the inside!!! I also have to thank my friend Denise, that glued the 100 tools to the 25 tool boxes, and helped put the sticky strip on the tabs. Denise also made labels for all my swaps. I am very, very blessed to have both these wonderful women in my life. I am so pleased with the final product. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

I will have to make this one a stamp camp project sometime. I guess I am going to have to break down and buy this stamp set!  Happy Stampin'
 
All supplies Stampin' Up!
Stamps: Totally Tool and Woodgrain background
Ink: StazOn Black, Soft Suede, Riding Hood Red, Basic Gray, and Early Espresso 
Paper: Soft Suede (or Chocolate Chip-- I made both), River Rock and Whisper White
Accessories: Big Shot, Box #2 Bigz XL die, Extended cutting pads, Aqua Painter, Sticky Strip and Stampin' Dimensionals (swaps not popped)

No comments: