Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Dark and Dreary Halloween with bling

I quess you could say I got carried away with the glitter on this card, but I think it looks pretty cool. My grandson said it looked cool, so it must be cool!

I really like the Iridescent Ice embossing powder on the spider web. We have spiders here in South Carolina that webs sparkle (maybe not quite as much as mine, but they do sparkle). I used sticky strip on all around a piece of cardstock cut 1/2" bigger than my happy halloween element and added Black Chunky Essentials Stampin' Glitter. I wheeled the Midnight Musings jumbo wheel in VersaMark, then used Heat and Stick powder to attach my Chocolate Fine Supernova Stampin' glitter (It look more like copper, than chocolate on the Pumpkin Pie cardstock). I embossed both the happy halloween and the spider elements. I used the Tombo Multipurpose Liquid Glue on the body of the spider and added the Black Chucky Essentials Stmapin' Glitter. I used my brayer and classic ink refills to add the color to the happy halloween element.

All supplies Stampin' Up!
Stamps: Dark and Dreary and Midnight Musings Jumbo wheel (both in the Holiday Mini catalog)
Ink: VersaMark and Basic Black 
Classic reinkers:  More Mustard, Pumpkin Pie and Rich Razzleberry
Paper: Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White and Basic Black
Accessories: Jumbo wheel handle, Black Stampin Emboss powder, Embossing Buddy, Heat tool, Heat and stick powder, Chunky Essentials Stampin' Glitter (black), Fine Supernova Stampin' Glitter (chocolate), Brayer, Sticky Strip, Stampin' Dimensionals, Raven 1/2" Lace Trim (Holiday Mini)

No comments: