Sunday, March 27, 2011

Felt Roses card made with the Table Setting Bigz XL die

Here is a card I made using the swirl on the Table Setting Bigz XL die made for the Sizzix Big Shot exclusively for Stampin' Up! Click on the "Shop now" button to order or contact me. The white specks in the picture are actually sparkles I added using the Smooch Spritz Vanilla Shimmer spray to the entire finished card I looks really cool on the rhinestones. This is a case of a card I saw on Stampin' Connection by  Donna Perger. I opted for a red card and a brown mat and added two large roses and a small rose, and did not use rose buds. The small rose was made using two of the smallest flower on the Blossom Party Original die. I simply snipped in between two of the petals and rolled. I glued this piece in the center of the other flower die cut at the same time. I also changed the roses to felt instead of paper. The small white flower was made with the smallest flower on the Boho Blossom punch. First I put the petal in the palm of my hand and using the end of my bone folder, I made small circles in the middle of the flower until it curled up. I then snipped between two of the petals to the center of the flower. I then glued one petal on top of the other which really makes the flower dimensional. I then added rhinestones in each flower and attached them to the card with mini glue dots. The Celery leaves are glued flat down. I took the larger Garden Green leaves and curved up the sides a bit also using my bone folder. You can also make beautiful roses with card stock and Designer paper. Have fun making these fabulous roses and check back tomorrow for a fun surprise!

Happy Stampin'

All Supplies Stampin' Up!
Stamps: none, but will stamp sentiment inside later
Ink: none
Paper: Read Red, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla, Certainly Celery, Garden Green and Whisper White
Accessories:  Big Shot die cutting machine, Table Setting Bigz XL die, Little Leaves sizzlet die, Blossom Party Original die, Perfect Polka dots Textured Embossing Folder (all three dies and embossing folder are exclusive to Stampin' Up!), Extended Cutting pads, Boho Blossom punch, Jewels, Basic Rhinestones, Mini Glue Dots, Smooch Spritz Vanilla Shimmer spray, bone folder.

No comments: