Sunday, October 17, 2010

A Cute Christmas Snowman with bleaching technique
This card (minus the sentiment and with the snowman stamped on white card stock) was one of my Regional swaps. They made this card on stage (minus the Shimmer paint, and I don't remember if they had a sentiment on it or not) The main different between my swap and this (and the demonstrated) card is that the snowman is stamped with StazOn ink on Baja Blue card stock. The the snowman and snow mounds are colored using the Aqua painter with bleach instead of water inside. The bleach removes the color from the paper. I bleached the snowman's hat and scarf also, and then colored with my Stampin' Write markers.
You cannot tell on my scan, but I did spray Frost White Shimmer paint (mixed with alcohol in a spritz bottle) all over the White panel after embossing, but prior to adding sentiment or snowman.

I just thought of another idea, I will try it later and post the results.

All Supplies Stampin' Up! unless noted
Stamps: A Cute Christmas and Bright Christmas
Ink: Black StazOn, Cherry Cobbler, Not Quite Navy and Basic BlackStampin' Write markers
Paper: Not Quite Navy, Whisper White and Baja Blue
Accessories: Big Shot die cutting machine, Northern Flurry Textured Impressions embossing folder, Circles Original Die, Aqua Painter, Frost White Shimmer Paint, bleach and alcohol (not Stampin' Up!)

No comments: