Thursday, October 7, 2010

Fall Birthday Leaves featuring French Foliage stamp set
I am sorry it has been so long since my last post. My last two weeks have been very hectic. I will post several fall cards today to make up for my absence. I appreciate your patience with me. I am starting with this French Foliage card (my favorite stamp set this fall, I especially love the stamp that makes the water spot mark- it is too cool. When I took this card into the local scrapbook store, the owner wanted to know how I did the water spot technique. I told her with a stamp, that she could only get from Stampin' Up!)

Anyway, I have two versions here. The top version is done with Stampin' Up! Watercolor paper in place of the Very Vanilla card stock. I spritzed the watercolor paper fairly heavy prior to the stamping (You can wait until dry and then stamp the sentiment, or stamp the sentiment first, using StazOn. I stamped mine after dry, because I wanted the sentiment in Early Espresso, not black). I case this card from Ilina creations, you can see her card here.

The second card is without water, using the same stamps in the same pattern. I love both versions. Which one do you prefer?

All supplies are Stampin'  Up!
Stamps: French Foliage, Sincere Salutations

Ink: Old Olive, More Mustard, Cajun Craze, Early Espresso and Crumb Cake
Paper: Very Vanilla (or Watercolor paper), Cajun Craze and Early Espresso card stock, Autumn Spice Designer Series Paper

Thanks for looking.
Happy Stampin'

Note: if you received this card as a swap at the Fall Regional it may have the following changes. I ran out of the olive designer paper in the Autumn Spice dsp pack and replace it with Old Olive from the Brights Designer series Paper Patterns stack. When I ran out of the Mustard designer paper I replaced it with another piece of paper from the Autumn Spice Designer Series Paper pack. All swaps were done on Very Vanilla.

No comments: