Saturday, May 29, 2010

Lots of Bots and Cogs double punch

Did I mention how much I love the new Square Lattice Textured embossing folder? It is kinda like the Top Note die, I just want to put it on every project! This card was inspired when I wondered if you could emboss metal flashing (you can get it a Home Depot or Lowes) with the embossing folders. Quess what, you can! You have to be careful when using the flashing because the edges are sharp, you could of course use the Brushed Silver like I did for the cogs in place of the flashing. I used Sticky Strip to attach Flashing to the cardstock. I knew I wanted to use the Cog punch and the flashing, so Lots of Bots immediately came to mind. This is a fun, fast and easy card.

All supplies Stampin' Up! unless noted
Stamps: Lots of Bots
Paper: Brushed Silver and Basic Black
Ink: Silver Encore
Accessories: Big Shot, Square Lattice Textured Embossing Folder (SU exclusive), XLCogs Double punch, Stampin' dimensionals, clear embossing powder, Heat tool, Sticky Strip, Metal Flashing (not SU)

Happy Stampin'

No comments: