Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Elegant Eggplant Awash with Flowers
This is another stamp camp project. for August. This is one of those cards that just sorta happened. I always say there are not mistakes, only plan B's. This is one of those plan B cards. I think it turned out just as nice as my original plan. I was going to have all the stems come together and put a bow around them, but my inky finger made a big eggplant mark on the bottom portion of my card, I had to figure out some way to hide it. (I wanted an eggplant ribbon and didn't have any, so I dyed some, but was to impatient to wait for it to dry and got my fingers inky). Anyway, as you can see, my plan B is a panel of Eggplant with a scalloped edge on the top. Guess what? Now I don't need eggplant ribbon, I need white. Oh well, I have pretty Eggplant ribbon to use on another day. Maybe I will try to make the original version, now that my ribbon has been dried for days.

All Supplies Stampin' Up!
Stamps: Awash with Flowers
Ink: Elegant Eggplant, Certainly Celery, More Mustard and So Saffron (all stamped off once), Basic Gray
Paper: Elegant Eggplant, Certainly Celery and Whisper White
Accessories: White 5/8" Organza Ribbon, Stampin' dimensionals, (Stamp Positioner-optional-I just like to eyeball it.)

No comments: