Thursday, August 26, 2010

Sense of Time Birthday card for my husband
This is the card I made my hubbie for his birthday. I love cards that are black and white, don't you? I especially love to stamp an image in versamark or craft ink and emboss it with clear embossing powder on a black card. The results are quite stunning. This card, althought not a 5 minute card, is not to labor intensive, and can be made in less than 10 minutes.

I just love the script stamp that comes with the new French Foliage stamp set (available September 1, 2010). It is stamped behind the ribbon. I wasn't sure if I could fit the 1 1/4" stripped ribbon and the clock on the card, but it worked. I also added metal clock hands (not Stampin' Up!) on the clock, just for fun. I think he will like it. It is Jonathan (my grandson) approved, so it must be OK.

All supplies Stampin' Up! unless noted:
Stamps: Sense of Time, Medallion and French Foliage
Ink: Black Classic and craft, Basic Gray classic
Paper: Basic Black, Very Vanilla
Accessories: Basic Black 1 1/4" striped grosgrain ribbon, Clear embossing powder. Mini glue dots, Stampin' dimensionals, Stampin' Sponges. Clock hands (not Stampin' Up!)

No comments: