Thursday, February 18, 2010

Fox and Friends
Here are  a couple of the cards I will be demonstrating at my workshop on Friday night. Call me to schedule your workshop, and you can learn how easy it is to make great cards like these. Making the turtle and Lion more than one color is so easy by going DTR (direct to rubber) with the Stampin' Write Markers. Stampin' Up! carries markers in all our 48 colors, and now also in the 6 in-colors. They also have a punch that punches out the exact shape of the Vanilla hardware used on this card. Don't you just love this company!!!

I just love the vintage feel of this card. The card is straight in real life, I don't know why my scanner tweeked it up by the owl. I couldn't be operator error!

All Supplies Stampin' Up!
Stamps: Fox and Friends
Paper: Crushed Curry, Soft Suede and Very Vanilla
Ink: Soft Suede classic ink pad, Pumpkin Pie, Crushed Curry, Always Artichoke, and Mellow Moss Stampin' Write markers
Accessories: Soft Suede polka dot ribbon, Stampin' sponges, Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder, Playground designer buttons, Pop-up glue dots, Mini glue dot, Watercolor pencils
Don't you just LOVE the Tall Tales designer Series Paper? This is my favorite in the pack. It doesn't show in the picture but if you compare the lions in the two cards you might be able to see it. In the first card, I colored the stamp with the two markers and stamped. On this second card, I stamped the Lion once, then punched out with 1 3/8" circle punch, then I stamped just his mane once in Crushed Curry on a small Whisper White scrap. Then I stamped his mane in Pumpkin Pie on another small scrap. I then cut out the mane and glued to my lion on the punched out circle, and then cut out just his face and added that on top of the mane. No pop dots are necessary, just the layers gives him nice dimension. (IRL). I think I will reink my Chocolate ink pad before my class on Friday. (Isn't that awesome that Stampin' Up! has reinkers for every stamp pad the sell. You don't have to invest in a new ink pad, just us the refill, and its just like having a brand new ink pad, and you can buy more stamps with all the money you save!!!)
All Supplies Stampin' Up!
Stamps: Fox and Friends, Whimsical Words
Paper: Tall Tales designer series paper, Old Olive patterns designer series paper, Chocolate Chip, So Saffron and Whisper White cardstock
Ink: Cocolate Classic ink pad, Pumpkin Pie and Crushed Curry Stampin' Write markers
Accessories: 5/8" chocolate grosgrain ribbon, Scallop circle punch, 1 3/8" circle punch, Stampin' dimensionals, Stampin' sponges.

Thanks for Lookin'

No comments: