Thursday, February 18, 2010

Scallop circle die dress in vellum embossed with Manhattan flower

I haven't made one of these dress cards since last April, so when I saw  Eileen's dress in vellum I knew it was time to revisit this fun technique. You can view Eileen's card here: http://elefevre.blogspot.com/2009/05/card-for-bridal-shower.html. I will add my other card also on this post and directions on how to make the dress.

All supplies are Stampin' Up!
Stamps: Oval All
Paper: Whsiper White cardstock, Bermuda Bay cardstock and Designer Series Paper, Cardstock vellum
Ink: Bermuda Bay
Accessories: Bermuda Polka Dot ribbon (folded in half), Scallop circle Bigz Die, Manahattan Flower embossing folder (SU exclusive), Filigree Brads, Scallop Oval punch, Eyelet border punch


I originally learned to make this dress from Patty. The directions to make the dress are here: http://pattystamps.typepad.com/patty...g_spot/page/2/. I added a white petticoat at the top and bottom of the dress. The eyelet border punch cuts off part of the front of the card, so I took a piece of the same dsp as the dress and used the eyelet border punch on it also and attached it to the right side of the inside of the card. (so the pattern shows under the front eyelet border, You only see the punched part of the pink dsp when card is open. I decided to use the Tres Chic background stamp and really love how it turned out!

Pink Dress
All supplies Stampin' Up!
Stamps: Tres Chic
Paper: Sweet Always dsp, Pink Pirouette, whisper white
Ink: Rose Red
Accessories: Big shot, Scallop circle die, 3/8" white taffeta
ribbon, rhinestone brad

Thanks for looking

2 comments:

Flo said...

Gorgeous!

Unknown said...

ooh, pretty! Never thought to use vellum as a dress overlay... ooh, the ideas. Thanks!